Another weekly installment of our Top 5 Shoegaze/Dream Pop Records on When The Sun Hits! Music fanatics love nothing more than to make lists, of course, and we have some big ones coming up in the near future, including our top 10 classic gazer records OF ALL TIME (give us a few weeks, the internal debates are giving us major headaches) and the inevitable top albums of the year (naturally coming in December 2010). This year has been huge for shoegaze and dream pop, and we can't wait to showcase 2010's best gaze for you.
If you are new to the blog (oh, hi!), you can check the right side bar for an archive of the Top 5 lists from subsequent weeks, if you're so inclined.
*Danny's Top 5 Shoegaze/Dream Pop Records of the Week*
1. My Bloody Valentine. Ecstasy and Wine. Lazy Records. (1989)
2. Fleeting Joys. Despondent Transponder. Only Forever Recordings. (2006)
3. Astrobrite. Pinkshinyultrablast. Wavertone. (2004)
4. The Black Watch. Flowering. Doctor Dream Recordings. (1991)
5. Engineers. In Praise of More. KScope Records. (2010)
*Amber's Top 5 Shoegaze/Dream Pop Records of the Week*
1. Wild Nothing. Evertide EP. Warmest Chord. (2010)
2. Hartfield. True Color, True Lie. Clairecords. (2006)
3. Emeralds. Does It Look Like I'm Here? Editions Mego. (2010)
4. The Boo Radleys. Everything's Alright Forever. Creation. (1992)
5. Luna. Pup Tent. Beggar's Banquet. (1997)