you resource for all things shoegaze & dream pop.

you resource for all things shoegaze & dream pop.

29 May 2013

TONIGHT! WTSH on Strangeways Radio. 10pm EST/9pm CST.

TONIGHT! WTSH on Strangeways Radio - expect to hear new ones from Still Corners, Wild Nothing and CHROMATICS, classics from The Stone Roses, Ride, Black Tambourine and Slowdive, as well as a few surprises I snuck in there as birthday presents to myself (one of which may or may not involve A Flock of Seagulls...) 

Stream it live tonight
10pm EST/9pm CST 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I saw A Flock of Seagulls in 1981 (of course I was in diapers at the time) at a high school or college auditorium/indoor basketball court type place, opening for the Ramones! It was really really hot, there was no air circulation somehow, and the Ramones audience did NOT like A Flock of Seagulls! It got a little rowdy in there, people started breaking windows to cool things off inside. In retrospect I'm surprised we didn't leave out of concern for our safety, but as best I remember nothing about this near-riot situation struck me as even slightly off-key at the time! Thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete